How can chiropractic adjustments help me sleep better?
- When your neck is misaligned, it tends to tighten your jaw joint, which will can narrow your airway while you sleep. This can lead to breathing problems, which can decrease the amount of oxygen you take in while sleeping.
- When your spine is out of alignment, you can experience various degrees of back pain. This misalignment can cause subluxations, which occur when one or more of the bones of your spine move out of position and create pressure on or aggravate spinal nerves.
- Our goal at Keystone chiropractic is to make specific adjustments to correct spinal and misalignments, which can result in the reduction of pain and inflammation as well as the reduction of stress patterns stuck in your spinal column.
- The worst way to correct a stressed out spine trapped in a stress response is to manually manipulate the spinal bones. First of all it is nearly impossible to correct a misalignment of a single vertebra in the spine using hands. Usually you hear multiple bones move when the hands are used. Yes, it feels good but, your probably going to have the same issue come back again because the single vertebra that needed to be adjusted actually was along with multiple others that didn’t need to.
Benefits of regular chiropractic adjustments and sleep.
- With proper neck alignment, you can ensure you get the proper amount of oxygen while you sleep.
- Chiropractic care removes subluxations which impact nerves and cause pain.
- Adjustments to the spine and neck help reduce pain and inflammation within the body, allowing you to feel more comfortable while you sleep.
- When your spine is corrected to a natural alignment, your body can release tension and STRESS, resulting in you feeling more relaxed and comfortable, which can dramatically improve the quality of your sleep.